Comprehensive Legal Solutions, Personalized Guidance
M. Allen Howell Jr.
- Of Counsel
- Real Estate Law, Foreclosures and Settlements
M. Allen Howell, Jr. is of counsel to the firm and heads the Real Estate and Foreclosure section. Mr. Howell represents a variety of local and national financial institutions, insurance companies and other lenders in their commercial and residential loan activities. His practice includes performing both commercial and residential loan origination and settlements, foreclosures, real estate management/leasing issues, Chapters 11 and 13 reorganizations, Chapter 7 liquidations, workouts, landlord/tenant matters, major collections, receivership proceedings, U.C.C. and related litigation. Mr. Howell also is an authorized title agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company in both Maryland and D.C.
Mr. Howell is a Montgomery County native and a 1982 graduate of Tufts University. After receiving his undergraduate degree, Mr. Howell returned to the Washington area, where he attended law school at Catholic University. Mr. Howell has been practicing in the metropolitan area since his graduation from law school in 1988.
Mr. Howell is licensed to practice before the Court of Appeals of Maryland, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, District of Columbia Court of Appeals, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1988
- Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1982
- Major: English
- Maryland, 1988
- District of Columbia, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- MTA Title & Escrow, LLC